CHP and the Education Sector: Overcoming Challenges and Finding Opportunities
Date(s) - 11/14/2018
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
There are no categories to show at this time.
Join the Department of Energy’s Southcentral CHP TAP on November 14 for a half-day workshop on trends, opportunities, and challenges of Combined Heat and Power systems in the education sector. This session will cover the drivers and strategies that have helped educational facilities successfully adopt CHP as well as discuss lessons learned and best practices. Local and national subject matter experts will share information about technologies, procurement and operations, management and maintenance as well as opportunities for improved resilience related to CHP. The workshop will culminate in a guided tour of the Wesleyan CHP installation.
Registration is free and breakfast and workshop materials will be provided.
- 8 AM – Breakfast & networking
- 8:30 AM – 9 AM – CHP Markets and Trends. – Carlos Gamarra, P.E., CEM – Assistant Director, Department of Energy Southcentral CHP TAP
- 9 AM – 10 AM – Panel 1: CHP Technologies, Procurement, and O&M –
Kevin Fox, P.E., CEM – Managing Principal, Energy and Power Solutions, Jacobs Doug Edgar, P.E. – Vice President of Operations, White Harvest Energy
- 10 AM- 11 AM – Panel 2: Wesleyan Case Study. –
Aaron Tasin – Vice President, 2G Energy, Inc.
Cliff Finley, P.E. – Senior Project Development Engineer, The Way Companies Jimmy Gresham, LEED GA – Director of Facilities, Wesleyan University
- 11 AM – 12 PM – Guided site visit to Wesleyan University Combined Heat and Power system.
Visit the HARC website for more information about this event!